Here at Roswell Complete Dentistry, we recognize and respect your commitment to the well-being of your child. As their guardians, you prioritize their health and take great care in providing the best future for them. When it comes to their dental health, the care they need goes far beyond the simple practice of brushing and flossing; they require preventative procedures, oral hygiene education, and observation of their jaw development. To put it simply, they need a quality pediatric dental provider.
What Makes A Pediatric Dentist Different?
Pediatric dentists receive an additional two years of study following their general dental education. This training equips them with the knowledge necessary to identify and treat the most common childhood oral ailments, as well as offer education to parents and their children as they navigate each stage of growth and development. Pediatric dentists pursue this additional coursework out of their passion for working with children. Aided by their professional skills and capacity for compassionate care, our pediatric dentists are truly dedicated to the health, happiness, and comfort of the children they serve.
Growth Developments For Children
Between the stages of infancy and adolescence, your child will be undergoing many changes; their bodies and minds will grow and develop, as well as their teeth and jaws! Among the most notable developments that impact oral health during this time include the following:
- Your child’s first tooth
- Nutritional modifications
- Dental health education
- Hormone fluctuations (changes in oral chemistry, increased salivary bacteria)
- Jaw growth and morphology
- Loss of primary teeth and emergence of permanent teeth
- Development and extraction of third molars (wisdom teeth)
- Habitual behaviors impacting oral hygiene
The above events are only a fraction of the factors that influence oral health through your child’s growth into early adulthood. Clearly, this is an overwhelming series of concerns to manage – concerns you should never be expected to manage on your own. With the help of our Roswell, GA pediatric dental professionals, you can rest assured that we are looking out for the best interests of your child.
As we carefully track their growth, development, needs, and overall well-being, our team members will supply you with all the details you need to take the best care of your child’s smile. Partner with us and ensure your child’s smile success! Call today to schedule their appointment.
Your Child’s First Visit
Your child may be feeling nervous about going to the dentist, or maybe even excited! In either case, it is important for them to have a good experience so that they will build a positive association with dental visits and oral health for a lifetime! This is our goal, and during their first visit and every visit following, we make a commitment to your child’s comfort and happiness during their time with us.
Your child’s first dental visit is an important milestone in their oral health journey. Before beginning, we’ll introduce your child to our friendly team and show them around the office. We want them to feel comfortable and at ease as soon as they arrive. Once beginning the appointment, you can expect the following:
- A comprehensive exam. This will include a visual examination of the teeth and gums, as well as a check for any signs of oral disease. We may also use x-rays to get a better look at your child’s teeth and jaw.
- A discussion of your child’s oral health. This is a good time to ask any questions you may have about your child’s oral health and to learn more about how to care for their teeth at home.
- A plan for future dental visits. We will develop a customized plan for your child’s future dental care based on their individual needs. This may include regular checkups and cleanings, as well as any treatment that may be needed.
Working Together To Support Growing Smiles
Supporting your child’s oral health is a task not to be taken lightly. Caring for their teeth and gums now helps to secure a bright, healthy, functional smile for a lifetime.
With our providers partnering with you, it can be ensured that your child has the best support system on their side – fighting for a healthy future and a lifetime of laughs and happy smiles. We encourage you to bring your child into our office. It’s never too early to begin establishing a healthy foundation for oral wellness to prosper!
Contact our dental practice today to schedule an appointment for your child!